Friday, December 18, 2009

$35 SandBlast Cabinet

Finished this up a few weeks ago. This is copied over from this post on zilvia.
Not sure why all my pictures got cut off but I'll roll with it.

Total Cost - $35
55gal Drum $5
Ebay Blast Gloves $20
Latch/bolts/seal $10
Everything else was scrap sitting around - lexan window, air fittings, scrap metal and I already had the siphon gun

Finished product on skateboard ramp stand-


Everything measured up


I knew I needed to have as few weld/riveted pieces as possible... So i 'perforated' the barrel and used the existing metal for the window frame. Cut everything with a dremel cutoff wheel/air cutoff and a jigsaw.


Sometimes character comes from neccessity - chopped up some texas plates for the rest of the window frame.

Where I left off


Glass cut to fit.


Perfect jigsaw circle. It fit so well I didn't even need a hinge, it held itself snug.


Barrel end cut out.



Finished door.. ballin bronze closed nuts and cream cabinet hinges from pops. Had to add a 1/2 piece of plywood as a spacer since they were flush/hidden cabinet hinges
Used some sort of squishk door/window stripping from home depot for the seal.


Made the glove rings from a paint can, 'pie cut' them and riveted them in place.


First thing blasted.. Subframe bracket. Not too bad for a little compressor and playsand.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers